FINANCIAL ANALYST, CLAIMS MANAGEMENT
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Req Number: LW00000044
Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world’s largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
Let’s explore the possibilities together.
This position is responsible for reviewing and making recommendations on claims within set authority levels. Included in these responsibilities is monitoring claim expenditures, developing management level reports using the current risk management database system and reviewing claim activities. Additional responsibilities will include providing legal document processing and distribution. Position requires coordination and oversight of workers compensation claims in multiple jurisdictions with heavy interaction with the third party administrator (TPA).
- Provide oversight and direction on work comp claims.
- Monitor TPA’s compliance to service standards and requirements
- Coordinate the distribution of lawsuits to third party claims administrators, outside legal counsel and Operating Company contacts
- Assess liability and direct the claims examiner in claim resolution
- Coordinate vendor referrals and additional investigation and/ or litigation management
- Utilize cost containment techniques, including strategic vendor selection, to drive claim cost reduction
- Provide Plant Finance Contacts with claim activity reports
- Facilitate communication between TPA and plant on specific claims issues
- Work with the plants to identify and facilitate return to work programs
- Participate in claim mediations and or trials
- Participate in claims reviews with the TPA
- Direct claim recoveries including but not limited to subrogation, Second Injury Fund and excess carriers
- Manage compliance relative to use of Managed Care Network, Prescription drug card and other venders
- Create monthly claim benchmark reports for Senior Management
- Update narrative large loss summary that is part of the insurance submission
- Resolve data integrity issues on systems by working with key personnel and TPA on incorrectly coded claims data.
- Preparation, copying and distribution of correspondence, memos and reports internally and externally as instructed, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Other duties as needed
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in finance or accounting
- Secondary insurance studies preferred (ARM, AIC, CPCU)
- 3 years of workers compensation claims experience
- Organizational skills and must be able to coordinate and prioritize task assignments
- Strong command of both written and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft software products
- Knowledge of accounting processes and procedures beneficial
- Strong understanding of Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS)
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.